How I Found My Glow & Simplified My Life
What is your Glow?
I believe your Glow is when your Spirit Shines so brightly in your life that people pull you aside and ask what you’ve been doing differently. They ask you what kind of skin cream you use, workout regiment you do or Yoga class you take. It’s the essence that shines through that people can’t quite put their finger on.
Are some people born with it and others aren’t? What has to happen for this Glow to emerge?
If you’ve ever seen a child playing, they are truly Glowing! Not a care in the world, living fully in the present moment.
But what does it take for us adults to Glow and can I schedule it between my Yoga class and my 1pm appointment? 😀
I believe we find our Glow when we clean up our messes, both literally and metaphorically.
Thirteen years ago I found my Glow, it was a small wisp of light, but when I saw it I realized I wanted more of it. It was 2003, I was living in South Africa with my two small children with a family friend. At that point in my life I was at the tail end of a very destructive three year period where I purposely ignored my intuition. My life during that time was an absolute train wreck.
From 2000-2003 I had:
- Gotten a divorce
- Lost my sense of self & self-worth
- Hit the Co-Dependancey circuit HARD
- Ended up having an affair with a close friends husband
- Moved across several states
- Got married
- Got hired
- Got divorced (after 4 months)
- Got laid off (after 9 months)
- Felt lost, alone and desperate for change…
Once all this transpired I was done. I was tired of pushing, running and trying to do “life” on my own. Life was so incredibly messy and chaotic. I thought everyone else was nutso and decided to get rid of everything I owned and move half way across the world to start fresh. I moved to Cape Town South Africa with my two boys, who were four and seven at the time.
During our three and a half month stay, I realized that my life was the same crazy mess as it was in the US but with a different set of people.
It all hit me one morning while I was sitting on the beach with my kids being pissed at the world for everything when I looked around. It was cold, cloudy, the surf was choppy and the wind was blowing very hard. I sat watching my kids play and laugh and was feeling sorry for myself when I noticed something in the surf. It was black and tumbling about.
Concerned I looked deeper into the wave when all of a sudden the black form jumped out of the water! It was a Sea Lion! Just then I felt a string in my heart space. A small glimmer of hope…the beginning of my Glow.
I realized for the last three years I was so focused on the negative side of life that I couldn’t see what was right before me.
Looking up to the sky I asked My “Peeps” (God & my Guardians) to come back and guide me in life. I would no longer ignore my intuition. Then I asked for one favor from them… That they give me daily guidance in a way that I could recognize it easily. But only give me the Next Step. Just one step.
Soon after that I moved back to the US and started to grow my tiny wisp of light into a Full On Glow! I decluttered my life one step at a time, went to college, started my own business and haven’t looked back since.
What did I do to get my Glow?
Here are my Top Tips to help you Get Your Glow and Simplify Your Life:
- Get in Touch with Your “Peeps”
- Whether you call your “Peeps” God or Goddess or whomever, start to talk with your Higher Power often. Trust in the answers they give you in the form of your Intuition!
- Figure Out What You Really Want!
- This is your life honey! The only person who can make a change or figure out what you really want is Y-O-U! As soon as you figure out what you want, that will help you decide where to go and what to do next!
- Clean Up Your Messes.
- Clean up any and all unfinished business. The quickest way to dim or light is to have unfinished business hanging over your shoulder at every turn. Have the difficult conversation. Clean out your closet. Declutter your life from Top to Bottom. This will allow you to start fresh and to wipe away to film on your Spiritual Windows for your light to shine through.
- Take Personal Responsibility for Your Life.
- Realize that the only person who can do anything meaning full in your life is you. Recognize what you need help with and what you don’t. Learn to voice your truth and stand up for what you want and what you believe in.
- Take Inspired Action
- Now that you are in touch with your Intuition, You know what you really want, you have Cleaned up your Messes and you are Taking Full Responsibility for your Life… Let your Self Glow Sister!!! When you allow yourself to Glow and follow that inner guidance with confidence you will notice you will naturally take Inspired Action. Action that is InSpirit!
Glow Sister Glow!
I know you can do it!
. . . . . .
Yesterday’s blog was written by the Incredible Kate Eckman, who I had the pleasure of getting to know while at Gabby Bernstein’s SpiritJunkie Level 2 Masterclass. If you haven’t already, check out her amazing piece here Kate Eckman. And tomorrow we’ve got more to get you glowing from Amber Rochelle.
Lastly, you HAVE to check out my girl, Dana’s (creator of Glow School) 10 Day Glowing Adventure starting Feb 1st! danagatziolis.com/gsadventure